Graphics Card GTX260 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chodam

I have a Nvidia GTX260 graphics card for about 8 months. It was working fine until I had to restart my computer for a windows update about two months ago. Since then the card stopped showing video so I had to resort to my on board. Chances are that is might of fried or something. But I was wondering if there was a way to check to see if there was a program to scan to see if it is working properly or not working at all before I send it for RMA. The card is still getting power(the fan still runs) but I was just checking if there was anything I can do before I sent it away.

If you need the model number its

GV-N26OC-896I

Although it might not be conclusive, try looking at the card in the Device Manager and see what it shows. Otherwise, you could try the card in another PC, if possible. That's what I would do but I have other PCs to test with.

I'm not finding it in my device manager. So I am getting the driver again in case I uninstalled the last driver. I'll let you know how this goes.

It is not a sure sign but it is pointing in that direction. Is there any way that you can try the card in another PC to test it?

I do not think so I can see if I can put it in my friends but I am pretty sure all their computers run radeon cards and Nvida wouldn't work I think.

If you have the Asus m2A-VM that it's most likely a GHUT8G654-AM transfer rate at 600MHz / sec with a BUS speed at 900 RPU_k you need to core the clock out of the chip set and see if your clocked for the GHUT8G654-AM or the AHYY768FKL-AM because there clocks differ by about 80 MHz / sec and bus is incompatible with the SDRAMDDR3

hope this helped

If double posting is bad I am sorry. Though I thought I should mention this in case it would help. If the graphics card is in my computer The screen shows a screen saying no video input or something of that sort. Even if I try switching my HDMI cable to the onboard while the Video Card is connected it still has that message until I take out out the card.

To test your card in either of your friends' PCs you would have to uninstall their ATI graphics drivers and install the Nvidia driver to test your card and then switch back again after you are done. It's possible but not without a little inconvenience. It would be nice if you could test your card to confirm it but it appears the card is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back