TechSpot

Graphics card installation help

By WaDaFack
Dec 28, 2009
  1. I just got a new graphic card (ATI Radeon HD4350 Series), I installed it but I think I forgot something.
    When I opened my computer, you have those 3 strips, 1 black, 2 white. The black one is where you put your graphic card, right? Well, there was another thing on one of the 2 white plugins. Is that a graphic card and was I supposed to remove it?

Another problem is, when I did put my graphic card in and update my drivers, my sound all of the sudden stopped working. I don't think I have a sound card unless the card on the white plugin is it, but other than that the device manager lists
    -Audio Codecs
    -Legacy Audio Drivers
    -Legacy Video Capture Devices
    -Media Control Devices
    -USB Audio Devices
    -Video Codecs

than when I check Control Panel > Sounds and Audio, it says I have nothing connected.
    I normally use my Insignia Speakers which are correctly plugged in etc.
    Blah, I'm not a computer wiz!
    Thanks to anyone who helps.

2. KyBrewer

KyBrewer TS Rookie Posts: 60

Did you have a graphics card before, or were graphics integrated (part of the motherboard)? I assume by you saying you updated the drivers, your computer recoginized that you installed the card? Or did you possibly update drivers for integrated graphics & sound?

This card plugged into the white slot...is there a cable from your monitor to that card? Do you know what model your motherboard is?

3. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,672   +9

We need more information regarding your system to be able to provide any useful solutions.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.