[LEFT]Motherboard, Memory:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]ASRock 790GX Pro, 3x4gb G.Skill ripjaws ddr3 F3-10666CL9D[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Graphics:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Ati radeon HD 5770 1gb[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Storage:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]500gb Barracuda 7200rpm[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Case, cooling:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Antec 902, Cool master V10[/LEFT]
[LEFT]I just installed a new processor and great everything worked fine, started playing lord of the rings battle for middle earth and about half hour into game the computer froze and then a black screen. So I stripped it down and rebuilt it but still no screen,[/LEFT]
[LEFT]The computer stays noisy when you turn it on except when I disconnect the graphics card it sounds like its running fine in the background,[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Is there a way I can return to the on board graphics?removing the card isn't doing it for me.[/LEFT]

Should I put the old processor back in to rule out that as a problem?

put old processor back in and borrowed a friends graphics card and still no picture, now I'm thinking mobo

If you want to turn back on your on board graphics. You will need to enter your bios. Turn the VGA controller back on. For your 2nd problem. Check your memory make sure it seated. Also make sure all your other connection are tight such as hard drive and so forth. Before you rule out the motherboard. Plus try a different monitor. Its really hard to say what happen. But I am sure someone here will have a few more suggestions. To help you out.

Ok so I've double checked everything and tried it with every combination on my ram sticks and still no luck. 2moro I'll borrow another power supply its just bugging me that it ran fine at first.

might be silly question but when u put cpu in did u put thermal paste on .. also main thing is try another screen just to rulle out that ur screen is faulty or fine

Not a silly question all feedback welcome. yes I did put thermal paste on cpu and I connected my netbook to monitor and it works fine altbough it was on a different channel going to borrow a friends computer today and start swapping parts

Ok so I swapped power supplies and we're back in businss. When I put in the new processor do I need to change any power settings? I woildve thought the motherboard wouldve taken care of it .

is the power supply the same wattage. and I recentley upped my psu from 400w to 750w and I have not changed nothing.. it was very weird to see the your psu was causing your screen to go blank something ive never come across

I think my post was misleading, the screen was blank because nothing was being received from the computer. I reckon the power supply was faulty and because the new processor required more watts it exposed the fault. It had me confused because the computer sounded like it was running and all the components had power.

yea if psu was faulty it might still put power into computer but dont have enough power to power all hardware etc giving you the problem you described glad you got it fixed x

Ok so I've since installed new ocz modxtream-pro 700w power supply and the computer now works however with new problems. when I first switched it on it showed a screen that comes up before boot up. pres f2 for bios etc but pressing any keys does nothing, so I switch it of and back on and it boots up fine. it does every time I boot it up it takes 2 attempts. Another thing it started doing was switching its self on, when id come to it sometime it would be on that menu before boot up and sometimes it would be in windows, so I started turning it off at the plug which started another problem, when I I switch it back on at plug it turns on without me pressing power button and after about 3 secs switches off again. then it wont turn on at all for me I would have to wait for some time try it again and same menu comes up then if I switch off and on agai it works fine.

Windows updates are all installed
Is the power supply I have good enough for my system? I tried unplugging extra fans and led lights but no luck

Back