Graphics card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePrince

Hi I've had my computer running for bout 3 months now and it has been, but recently i brought a AGP8X GeForce 7600gt 256mb DDR3 and now on my screen there are little black lines showing up.. It is not specific places on the the screen its just some icons or some widows but its covered in these little black lines.. if the image is black then it becomes white lines, sometimes grey. A lot of the times on games it locks up aswell and i have to press reset button because there is no other way of getting back to the desktop otherwise it's all messed up then i get a message saying the game requires more than 12mb of RAM. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my monitor i have tried 4 different ones and all the same problem. At first I thought it was my psu but then i got a 500w and my graphics card only requires a 350w. I've also been on BIOS and made sure it's on AGP and a 256 card, also tried putting he voltage up by +0.1 as someone suggested to me and that didn't work either.Although I've thought of one thing it could be is that i have to uninstall my old drivers that are with the onboard graphics but i have no idea how to uninstall them I've looked in BIOS nothing there,in devices there was nothing under display adapters except for my NVIDIA GeForce one that i am having the problem with. I have Driver cleaner but the problem is I am not sure of what drivers to get rid of. So I'm pretty lost I've tried everything everyone has told me but if any of you have more ideas that would be great because I'm actually getting really worried about it and here are my specs.

Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M AMD athlon 64 processor
AMD athlon 3400+ CPU
1GB DDR Apacer RAM
320GB Seagate HDD
500W Atrix psu

If you know what the problem is or maybe you could help me please reply or email me at ThePrince_is_back@hotmai.com

Thanks

hi and welcome to techspot. what is the name of the integrated graphics on the motherboard? go into device manager in the system control panel and see if it lists your onboard graphics. if it lists it, that could be your problem. you will need to disable it.

well theres nothing obvious there but there might be something there that might be it but just because it has a weird name i don't know what it is

Ive never encounters this issue but I'm pretty sure that this is called artifacting. This ussually means that you video card is damaged. This is more common with ATIs cards but it can happen with nVIDIA cards. I would reccomend that you contact the manufature and speak with there technical support. Who makes the video card you have? Any way thats my 2cents.

P.S. Did you get that motherboard and CPU as a combo on newegg.com? Because if you did than I have the same motherboard and CPU you have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back