TechSpot

Graphics card problems. Suddenly not recognising DirectX

By gerryc
Sep 23, 2007
  1. Hey guys. Recently, i've tried to open halo (which has always worked) and it's saying that i need to installed DirectX, or i may have my hardware acceleration turned off. Since then, i've re-installed directx 9c, re-installed my graphics card drivers, and nothing has worked.

When i run Dxdiag, and click display, even though it says "no problems found" it still says "not available" next to all of the settings in "directx features". None of my games will work at all.

Graphics card : Radeon 7000 (stupid agp motherboard)
    C-media sound card
    1gb DDR Ram

Any suggestions would be great

2. puffader

puffader TS Rookie Posts: 75

Try uninstalling Direct x and re-installing it....

3. gerryc

gerryc TS Rookie Topic Starter

like i said, i re-installed it already. i've tried all of the obvious things already

4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Remove or disable your existing video graphics install, then reinstall.
    If that does not work, then your video card needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled... first disable your video graphics card or port install.

You either have a bad driver or bad hard ware or an infestation that is impacting on the same.

5. kpo6969

kpo6969 TS Maniac Posts: 875

I thought Radeon 7000 series was DX8.

6. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

you could be right. I realized I was looking at the 7600 on this machine.

But easy enough to check at the Radeo website.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.