Graphics card problems

Carl Leech

Hello there, this is my first post.

I have been having problems with my computer I believe it to be a graphics card problem.
I use the Nvidia GTX 650 and occasionally after about an hours use the screen goes blue (Not blue screen of death) I believe the card loses connection with my TV (doubles as my monitor) and if I restart it I get what looks to be binary flashing across my screen whilst all the colours of my load up/windows logo are blotchy and not the usual colors

Any help appreciated, Thanks.

Did you do a clean install of the GPU drivers? If you did not, I suggest you uninstall your current graphics driver and do a clean install. I use driver sweeper to clean out the old drivers thoroughly. You don't have to, though. Is your GPU new?

I have to ask, too, have you tried testing your RAM? The symptoms you describe can sometimes occur when you have a bad stick of RAM in your system.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. But stick around. I'm almost certain the more knowledgeable members can help you out with this.

Your symptoms describe the graphics driver crashing and then failing to re-initialise on startup. The binary flashing is the VGA BIOS, screen all blotchy is using default graphics drivers with limited color palette.

Do as Dawn suggested, then come back.

Hey guys, I took JC713's advice and it seems to have sorted it out (Thanks alot!) I wasn't able to check the ram as I don't know how but thanks alot guys it's much appreciated I don't know what I would have done if my computer stopped working spent far too much on it for that to be an option haha Thanks again!

Hey guys, I took JC713's advice and it seems to have sorted it out (Thanks alot!) I wasn't able to check the ram as I don't know how but thanks alot guys it's much appreciated I don't know what I would have done if my computer stopped working spent far too much on it for that to be an option haha Thanks again!

Glad to see your issue is fixed!

I've only got a rudimentary knowledge of computer management (I can build one and set an OS but not much else) so I'm sorry I couldn't be more technical or precise in the problems being shown

I've only got a rudimentary knowledge of computer management (I can build one and set an OS but not much else) so I'm sorry I couldn't be more technical or precise in the problems being shown

As long as we get it fixed, your fine. If you think you lack knowledge, see some other threads and you will think otherwise :D.

Well another problem seems to have cropped up when I attempt to log on the welcome screen cycles for a while before saying the log on failed to execute and when it logs me out and I log in manually windows explorer isn't responding and neither are my nvidia drivers so the desktop looks like 98

Well another problem seems to have cropped up when I attempt to log on the welcome screen cycles for a while before saying the log on failed to execute and when it logs me out and I log in manually windows explorer isn't responding and neither are my nvidia drivers so the desktop looks like 98

If the Windows explorer crashing issue didnt occur before the driver update, the card is most likely going bad. If the windows explorer issue occurred before the driver update, you may have a virus.

Back