Graphics card upgrade suggestions?

By Bradass
Jan 19, 2007
  1. I only have a ****ty integrated one and need to upgrade but have no idea where to start.

Motherboard make/model:
    ]Motherboard graphic interface AGP4x
    Power supply : Delta Electronics Inc DPS-300PB: 300W 28A
    CPU: 2.8 Ghz Pentium 4
    Ram: 1GB DDR

I will only really be using it to Play World of Warcraft, but I want it to run smoothly (at the minute I get about 10FPS) and would be willing to pay about £80.

Also, I am from the UK so I would need soething from a UK retailer, preferably
  2. HPCE_Larry

HPCE_Larry TS Rookie Posts: 132

First, its not recommended to double post within 5 hours. that is a good PCI video card (best I could find on newegg). I've had little experience with agp cards and can't really recommend anything there. That one has a core clock of 450mhz memory of 553MHz, 4 pixel pipelines.
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 621

Looking through their site the Geforce 7300GS would probably meet your requirements. Here's a review showing WoW framerates
  4. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

Umm, how can you possibly recommend a PCI card when he has AGP which is vastly superior?
  5. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

This card should handle WoW.

Regards :wave:
  6. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

I will go along with wolfram, for what u are wanting to play that would be a good card.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.