TechSpot

Graphics card upgrade suggestions?

By Bradass
Jan 19, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I only have a ****ty integrated one and need to upgrade but have no idea where to start.

Motherboard make/model: http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=591
    ]Motherboard graphic interface AGP4x
    Power supply : Delta Electronics Inc DPS-300PB: 300W 28A
    CPU: 2.8 Ghz Pentium 4
    Ram: 1GB DDR

I will only really be using it to Play World of Warcraft, but I want it to run smoothly (at the minute I get about 10FPS) and would be willing to pay about £80.

Also, I am from the UK so I would need soething from a UK retailer, preferably www.ebuyer.com
  2. HPCE_Larry

HPCE_Larry Newcomer, in training Posts: 189

First, its not recommended to double post within 5 hours.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814129069 that is a good PCI video card (best I could find on newegg). I've had little experience with agp cards and can't really recommend anything there. That one has a core clock of 450mhz memory of 553MHz, 4 pixel pipelines.
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

Looking through their site the Geforce 7300GS would probably meet your requirements. Here's a review showing WoW framerates
  4. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Umm, how can you possibly recommend a PCI card when he has AGP which is vastly superior?
  5. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

This card should handle WoW.

Regards :wave:
  6. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,623

I will go along with wolfram, for what u are wanting to play that would be a good card.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.