Graphics card

By EchoSavior
Mar 10, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just built a new PC and it runs great. however it seems in the morning when I boot up my computer will boot into windows but the graphics card doesn't seem to start until it heats up and that could be after a few hard resets. After I have it running for awhile the card is great and functions at full speed. including booting 100% on restarts shortly after shutdowns. Also the monitor I have detects the card because I can unplug the dvi cable from it and then the monitor tells me it lost the signal so I'm not exactly sure why it does this but I know I shouldn't hard reset my PC. I just currently have that liberty due to it being a new system. Here are the specs also the Bios is setup correctly.

Biostar Mcp6p M2+ Motherboard.
    AMD Athlon II x2 255 processor 3.1ghz duo core
    2 1gb 1066mhz kingston ram sticks 32bit DDR 2
    HP DVD 1270i disk drive.
    EVGA Geforce 210 pci-e 2.0 DDR2 500mb graphics card
    SB Live Sound Card for 5.1
    The monitor is a Acer 22inch HD 1080p H233H
    and a 160gb hardrive I stole from an emachine, yes it works in this build. and has Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 on it.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,673   +152

Is XP fully updated to service pack 3?
  3. EchoSavior

EchoSavior Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

yes

yes it is updated fully
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,673   +152

So you have no video at all until you perform a few forced restarts? If so, try another video card for test purposes
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.