TechSpot

Graphics Problem

By bgulab
Jan 28, 2006
  1. Hi, Whenever I turn my pc on my monitor doesnt seem to start up. However the problem seems to be rectified when i turn my pc on/off a few times! I have since entered the bios and found the current graphics setting is set to PCI. I changed this to AGP as i have an AGP graphics card installed (Radeon 9500). However despite saving this setting, each time that my monitor doesnt turn -- and then when it eventually does (after a few attemps) -- when i go back into the bios the Pci setting is still enabled. I have since gone to control panel and found that my radeon graphics card is telling me that it is on a PCI slot. Even though when i enter the graphics card module it clearly states AGP. I have since tested this graphics card in other machines and it works fine.

Help!!!
    Much appreciated.
    I have an Asrock K7v88 motherboard, 512 Ram, Radeon 9500 graphics, 40gb hdd, asus cd/dvd drive.

2. Adwin

Adwin TS Rookie Posts: 20

Have you tried updating your BIOS?
    You can also check what slot your card really is.
    PCI is the ~10cm, white one.
    AGP is generally brown / reddish.
    Anyway, check in your GFX card manual, or use something like AIDA32 to test it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.