GTA San Andreas wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sysem

for some reason my gta san andres wont start. it goes throught the intros up until the blue rockstar north, then the screen goes black and i cant do anything. i end up having to restart my pc. does anyone know what is going on??? here are my pc specs:

AMD dual core 2.6 GHz
2 GB RAM
nVidia Ge Force 8600GT
Windows Vista Ultimate

thanks in advance

Have you downloaded the latest patches/updates? Have you tried using <ctrl>+<ALT>+<DEL>?

Have you gotten the latest drivers for your graphics card?

Have you scanned for viruses, etc?

Lol, just helped a guy with this same problem 10 seconds ago.
Your graphics card cant handle the 3d graphics. I suggest getting a new and more advanced one.

BUT.

Your problem can be:Your RAM is too small.2gigs seems pretty small....and to hold GTA?Maybe the files didnt finish installing because of this.

:wave: BTW Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

god of manor i dont raeally understand wat ur saying....
1st - the 8600gt is one of the top of the range GPU 's at the moment.... o thats not the problem
2nd - 2GB of RAM is alot.... i think you mean hard drive space...,. which i habe 200GB of....

Sysem, (no offence to god of mana) he doesn't know what he is talking about. Can you answer my questions? :)

lol. sur. no virus, ctr alt del does nothin, and just updating my driver now.... wil get back to u

have you tried running it in compatability mode? I don't know much about Vista, but maybe it has something to do with it.

Hey, I've been experiencing the same problem today, it's been running perfectly before and today it just wouldn't load up past the RN logo.

I got it working though, luckily. Here's what I did:

Scanned for/cleaned Spyware and deleted gta_set file from Gta San Andreas User Files folder (I read on the SA forum about this one). I don't know which one of them helped, but now it's starting again! :)

Hope you'll be able to sort out your problem.
Good luck!

Thanks sam t, but since iv never played before, i dont hav the set file. no viruss either. i dont no if this will help but seein as im runnin vista, cud it not be a directx prob. i got directx 10 and im not sur that gta supports 10

God Of Mana said:
Your graphics card cant handle the 3d graphics. I suggest getting a new and more advanced one.

BUT.

Your problem can be:Your RAM is too small.2gigs seems pretty small....and to hold GTA?Maybe the files didnt finish installing because of this.

Im using a nvdia 7300SE and it works fine....

This may sound stupid, but reinstall it back to the default location. That is a problem from the forums. If that doesn't work, try forcing it to run in DXLEVEL 9 or 8. That helps on other games, but I don't know about gta.

God Of Mana said:

BUT.

Wow you know nothing about what you are talking about. The GeForce 8600 GT cards are brand new. 2GB of RAM is a fairly large amount of memory, not HDD space.

As for the solution, you should make it public. That way nobody has to PM you.

well its kinda complex, but il try.

first start by runnin it but minimize it before it freezes. then click on it 2 open it again. it will run in a little window. if it doesnt work, u will be able 2 exit, but if not then it will go 2 a big screen and then it works

God Of Mana said:

BUT.

the hell?

I can run BIOSHOCK with 2 gigs of ram and a 7900GTX... on high aswell!

GTA:SA isnt exactly the most graphically demanding game as it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back