GTA: Vice City Play Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cslord15

I recently acquired Vice City for the computer. The installation went fine and I was ready to play the game. However, for some reason, after going through the intro movie, it locked my machine at the intro splash screen. Does anyone have any suggestions?

my guess is

the game is really pushing your configuration.....see if you can get into options and tone down your demands........check to see if your disk is squeaky clean............defragment your ram....nothing running in background.....etc.

what's your os

if it's windows 2000...........there are memory corruption issues related to agp...if not ......disregard

Trust me when I say this. The game is not pushing your system. It should run happly at 1024x768x32. Or 800x600x32 with 4xAA. :) I should know, my system is almost the same, check my profile.

As for the problem you are having. I've never experienced it. But make sure you have the lated Detonator drivers. There has been some major changes, and most new games, including Vice City absolutely require you to have to newest drivers.

Have you got the latest drivers and direct x 9? This game needs direct x 9 to run properly. When both of these are installed it worked fine on my computer.
Your system is fine for playing the game i have seen it run on a 1.3ghz athlon and a gf2mx200!

I will have to agree, your system should have no problems at all running Vice City. I have seen the game run on a PIII 500MHz 256SDRAM and GeForce 2 MX400!!! With a Ti4200, you should be able to run it with anisotropic filtering and antialiasing settings maxed out! mrslippyfist is right, DX9 is a necessary to run the game.

DirectX 9a: Download

OK...I have Windows 98 SE which it says it supports (only 95 and NT aren't supported by Vice City.) Also, I had DirectX 9 and I just downloaded 9.0a but I still have no luck. Any other suggestions?

Try running your video card at default clock speeds.
I had issues with Medal Of Honor not liking my overclocked AGP and card speeds.

yeah

i think arris is right............there is a ratio to be maintained in your agp clock

GTA vice city PROBLEM

when i install the game i was very happy :)

then i put the no cd crack... :rolleyes:

and it says that i still need the cd :eek:

can someone help me ? :(

i really want to tried out the game :angel:

plz send your answer to "darkhole200@hotmail.com" :D

Gta San Andreas

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO UNLOCK THE SECOND PLAYER FOR GTA, SA......... FOR PC VERSION... PLZZ I NEED HELP.. :confused: :confused: :confused:

PLZ SEND YOUR ANSWER TO "darkhole200@hotmail.com"

You might want to check your RAM and upgrade your windows to 2000 or XP, or go your MSI to GeForce 8 or higher, it will give you full speed to play and higher quality. After you are done with it you can try to upgrade you gta vice city to deluxe mod which i highly recommanded to have one!
AND GOOD LUCK IN THE WORLD OF GRAND THEFT AUTO VICE CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas?

I have a no cd version of GTA Vice City installed on my pc. My problem is at the main menu. i can scroll through the headings on the menu, but i have to press enter to select. Also when i load a saved or new game up, the screen goes blank. I have tried re installing and running the game in compatability mode. My OS is Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back