TechSpot

GTA3 - spinning!

By Brighter Hell
Apr 24, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been playing Grand Theft Auto 3 on PC again lately. Today when I started playing, when I was on foot the game just started spinning, really fast, counter-clockwise. I had to constantly move the mouse to the right to keep the guy walking straight. In vehicles it's fine. This has happened before, but I reinstalled the game and the problem was fixed, games all still saved of course. The problem resurfaced today so I reinstalled it again. But it still does it. Any explanations? Could it be a hardware thing? Something to do with my video card or mouse even?
  2. Dooleys

Dooleys Newcomer, in training

Have you got any joystick/gamepads with throttle controls plugged in ? If you have, try centering it.
  3. Brighter Hell

Brighter Hell Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 61

I think my flaky power supply was messing with it. I got a new Enermax 450 W a week ago, no problems since.
  4. (=DoM=)

(=DoM=) Newcomer, in training Posts: 242

Brughter Hell, the problem your having is with a gamepad/joystick on your computer, i have the same problem with my Saitek Cyborg Evo Joystick, unless the rudder on it is perfectly centred when i put the rudder down i spin to the left, when i put it up, i spin to the right. Thats all it is mate.

Its not your PSU, either unplug a joypad or joystick, or centre its rudder, or calibrate it accurately.

Its nothing to worry about.

Happy wacking :D
  5. Dooleys

Dooleys Newcomer, in training

Yep, that's what I've got. Damned good sticks them. :cool:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.