Guy builds Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 out of Lego

By Scorpus
Dec 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Xiosheng Li didn't just install his Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 graphics card in his computer, he replicated it through the medium of Lego. His 1.8 meter (six foot) long Lego replica is obviously not functional in any way - there...

Read more
  2. t3chn0vamp

t3chn0vamp TechSpot Booster Posts: 147   +19

Impressive piece of work.
  3. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,575   +486

I'd like to see him fitting this card into his LEGO PC case...

Also, looking forward to the benchmark figures...

...wait, it just moved the pixel! - didn't you see it? no? I swear it did!... I saw it!
    BlueDrake and Ranger12 like this.
  4. j05hh

j05hh Newcomer, in training Posts: 95   +15

How many FPS does it get in BF4?
  5. RebelFlag

RebelFlag Newcomer, in training Posts: 45

No, No, No, the question is can it run Crysis?
    St1ckM4n likes this.
  6. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +82

That is really a prototype for a GeForce in 2113. That's how big they'll get. And, yes, these will run Crysis ;-)
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  7. NeurotechHD

NeurotechHD Newcomer, in training Posts: 33   +13

That is some fine LEGO building, but for some reason I'm more impressed when an artist uses the achieves the most accuracy with the fewest amount of blocks. Naturally, the larger one makes their sculpture the easier it is to model accurately, and at a higher cost.
  8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,765   +1,427

It's ashame the blocks didn't allow for using the correct number of fan blades. Otherwise excellent detail building the card.

If I had another thumb, I'd give it three thumbs up! :D

Looks like a project, I would have enjoyed 30 years ago.
  9. Forg0t2

Forg0t2 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 102   +11

That's a waste of time. You know the amount of games you could've played in the meantime. Or wait,.. maybe he built it during the loading times and updates which means,...: Loading times and updates are INSANE!!!
  10. cliffordcooley

No more a waste of time, than playing games!
  11. Forg0t2

Well research has shown playing games improves certain abilities...
    But yes. Playing games is also a waste of time...

12. cliffordcooley

It's funny that you can't see building with Lego, just as constructive. Which is why I put them equally wasting time. As constructive as either one may be, you would be real lucky to get paid doing either one.
  13. Forg0t2

I dont consider myself lucky to play games 24/7 because my manager wants me to be even better. Building Lego constructions and getting paid is something I could do my entire life tho,.. but no ur right. Both of them are good for ur brains,.. as long as you keep it within limits. But that's with everything in life...
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  14. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,578   +76

Strange he added more graphics to the LEGO than on the OEM hardware. Gives him something to do to be creative is the best part of life.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.