TechSpot

Hackers have compromised the once anonymous Tor network

By Justin Kahn
Jul 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The Tor anonymous encryption service offers internet users a way to surf the web with anonymity and prides itself on the level of security it offers. Well it looks as though the network was compromised earlier this year along with...

Read more

2. And now they want that Russian bounty ?

3. Hexic

Hexic TS Addict Posts: 283   +132

If researchers have successfully pulled this off, the government has already beaten them to it. Probably awhile ago.

4. Why should I browse the web secrectly? tor is useless

5. Speak for yourself, there are endless reasons for it

6. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 844   +335

That's like the most retarded question so far.

Leafgreen likes this.
  7. Why do you have blinds on your windows?

8. Fact: You cannot connect to internet as "anonymous" its impossible
    fact: You cannot send any package as "anonymous" you cannot back answer if you haha "anonymous"
    fact: tor, lol

9. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash TS Maniac Posts: 253   +108

Your computer is broadcasting an IP address! Click here to ensure your privacy!!

10. "Fact: You cannot connect to internet as "anonymous" its impossible

fact: You cannot send any package as "anonymous" you cannot back answer if you haha "anonymous"

fact: tor, lol"

Wrong

Use someone else's wifi network or use a pre-paid phone and tether using a computer paid for in cash and with no personal information entered. Even wear a ghillie suit while you are at it.

Presto! Anonymity.

11. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Evangelist Posts: 1,101   +345

Wow a guest with some sense bravo!

12. Sure you can. It's called a spoofed MAC address and an access point that isn't yours.

13. Pam Gupta

Pam Gupta TS Rookie

Which of these methods guarantees pure anonymity over the Internet so you can not be traced at all?

Method 1. VPN connects to ISP- then tor - another VPN and windows proxifier (8 proxychains) Also I have DNS addresses to a open DNS source, Ip4 protocol, Mac spoofing on

All cookies are disabled using the start page browser in tor and Java script disabled.

Or

Method 2 Tails using tor and proxychains with tor-buddy?

I never connected to any social media sites using real identity...

What do you guys think is there another way or are these methods sufficient to ensure no tracing back to me?

14. NSA is logging almost all VPN connections, so if you think that by using vpn connection will keep you anonymous, think again.