TechSpot

Half-Life 2 delayed??

By olefarte
Jul 30, 2003
  1. Half-Life 2 dalayed?????

Say it isn't so, please. This word from Warp2Search say's that Half-Life 2 has been delayed, to maybe the holiday season, but still before the first of the year, at least. But maybe just a false rumour, I hope.

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,593   +352

Actually the word is not official yet... never trust publishers! (or any big news not posted @ TS ;)) From shacknews:

3. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,574

Good I was really about to cry.

4. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 1,427

Even if it's true or not, the rumours, if that's what they really are, keep flying. According to this at PlanetHalfLife.com, there is definately a delay until Nov. As they state, if it's not true, you'd think Valve would have issued a statement contradicting the rumours floating around. Maybe it's just a ploy to keep all of us talking, but then again, I don't think they need to do that, there's enough talk and anticipation already. Here's the entire Planet Half Life statement.

5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,604   +110

From the Steam forums...

http://steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=9869&highlight=delay

6. olefarte

I don't see anything at Vivendi Universal's site that says it's delayed, or on time, for that matter, just says "coming soon". Nothing at Valve's site either, it's not even mentioned as far as I can see. Maybe this is all a hoax as some have said.

7. JSR

JSR Banned Posts: 730

vivendi does have an update

look for the press release http://www.evilavatar.com yes,yes...... it's the front page.......didn't want to type the mega url....i'd tell ya, but, then what fun is that

8. olefarte

This is the quote from the link JSR listed in case you can't find it. I think every site you go to has a different take on this. Best to wait and see.

9. Dantrag

Dantrag TS Enthusiast Posts: 262

i hope not because i'll end up buying sof2 as my new fps and if it come's out a bit later i wont have the money :(

10. JSR

JSR Banned Posts: 730

half life 2 is already out

being showcased in europe

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.