half-life 2 on the lousy ati rage 128 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

weijie90

hi
i cant upgrade my graphics card due to my PSU and my minitower chassis from dell. i have the lousy ati rage 128 pro (16 mb)

actually, i can upgrade to a 32mb ati rage ultra from dell :(

can half-life run on it? what other nice games work on this card? thanks!

I wouldn't really count on HL2 working on a 16Mb card - I have a 128Mb card, but seeing as it is a Nvidia, it can't handle HL2 at full res - the card you have probably wont cut it for recent games like HL2 or Doom 3 etc that all require cards that support DirectX 9.

My suggestion would be to get a new card anyway, but if you are not too keen on spending some cash, then there are always cool games around that are worth playing that will run on your system... just got to find them =)

well, its a dell computer and the graphics card cant be upgraded to something really good.

what nice games work on my system?

I dont think you can get any recent game to work on the equip you have because the minimum on most is higher than 64 mb card with 128 - 256 mb being the ideal card to play on.

weijie90 said:
well, its a dell computer and the graphics card cant be upgraded to something really good.

what nice games work on my system?

Not sure about what nice games would work well - maybe someone else can help out there - the best thing would be to check out some games on the net and see what the minimum specs are. Try even searching for games that were released around the same time as the card, they will probably work.

Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back