half-life 2 on the lousy ati rage 128 pro

By weijie90
Aug 8, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi
    i cant upgrade my graphics card due to my PSU and my minitower chassis from dell. i have the lousy ati rage 128 pro (16 mb)

actually, i can upgrade to a 32mb ati rage ultra from dell :(

can half-life run on it? what other nice games work on this card? thanks!
  2. weijie90

weijie90 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 17

please help! thanks!!
  3. flashmonkey

flashmonkey Newcomer, in training Posts: 136

Half-Life might run on it, Half-Life 2 definately will not. Head over to Newegg to build yourself a new box or buy one custom from I Buy Power or Cyber Power
  4. abatage

abatage Newcomer, in training Posts: 25

I wouldn't really count on HL2 working on a 16Mb card - I have a 128Mb card, but seeing as it is a Nvidia, it can't handle HL2 at full res - the card you have probably wont cut it for recent games like HL2 or Doom 3 etc that all require cards that support DirectX 9.

My suggestion would be to get a new card anyway, but if you are not too keen on spending some cash, then there are always cool games around that are worth playing that will run on your system... just got to find them =)
  5. weijie90

weijie90 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 17

well, its a dell computer and the graphics card cant be upgraded to something really good.

what nice games work on my system?
  6. BringinHeat

BringinHeat Newcomer, in training Posts: 171

I dont think you can get any recent game to work on the equip you have because the minimum on most is higher than 64 mb card with 128 - 256 mb being the ideal card to play on.
  7. abatage

abatage Newcomer, in training Posts: 25

Not sure about what nice games would work well - maybe someone else can help out there - the best thing would be to check out some games on the net and see what the minimum specs are. Try even searching for games that were released around the same time as the card, they will probably work.

Good luck! :)
  8. flashmonkey

flashmonkey Newcomer, in training Posts: 136

Crack Attack! is a fun tetris like game. It's free and doesn't tax your hardware too much.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.