TechSpot

half life 2 problems :[

By WeAmStooped
Feb 24, 2007
  1. I don't know what's wrong... all my stuff meets the requirements and it still lags badly..

if you guys need to know my computer specs then ask for them, I dunno which ones to post

(I already read other posts about it but I have a different system and stuff so they didn't help, and I checked the steam website and that didn't help either)

2. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

First off Hello and Welcome to techspot :D

Your PC specs would help alot, we dont need all of them, Video Card, Processor, RAM are the main three, we may need more later.

I have some questions for you

1. Where in the game are you experiencing lag?

2. Try shutting down your AV/Firewall before playing the game.

3. Do you get any lag in any other games?

Sean

3. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 545

4. Is it only HL2 or is it all games based on the source engine?

5. What background applications do you have running?

Please put your specs in your public profile. Thank You!

4. WeAmStooped

WeAmStooped TS Rookie Topic Starter

well I did get a new GeForce, the lagging stopped! but now my game seems like it's having seizures :eek:

everytime I'm just playing it starts behaving very oddly with all source engine games..

I got a GeForce FX 5200 graphics card
    0.99 gig RAM
    Intel(r) Core 2 processor (duo)

5. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Well... Like I said in probably 4 other post today, the nVidia 5200 is kinda old try updating to a newer card

What Bus slot do you have? ( PCI/PCI-e/AGP x4/x8)
    What is your budget?

6. WeAmStooped

I plugged it into PCI slot.. and that was the only one available besides a black slot (PCI something) but it was too far up for the card to stick out the back and there was no opening..

I got about $200 saved up but that's also going towards other things.. so I can't go any higher than $100 :/

(by the way, those processors are supposedly good.. right?)

7. TimeParadoX

Yeah those processors are good :)

Also could you take a picture of the inside of your computer so I can see what this "Black slot" is, It might be AGP or PCI-e so you could get a awesome card for cheap, I got a x1650xt on Newegg for around $120 - $20 rebate :)

8. WeAmStooped

okay, I beleive it's PCI-e though.. where do you want me to post the picture? or just post it here?

9. TimeParadoX

Just post a picture in either the "attach file" thing on the bottom of the post ( if you Go Advance or put "Reply" instead of quick reply )

Or you could go to imageshack.us and post it there :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.