half life 2 problems :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what's wrong... all my stuff meets the requirements and it still lags badly..

if you guys need to know my computer specs then ask for them, I dunno which ones to post

(I already read other posts about it but I have a different system and stuff so they didn't help, and I checked the steam website and that didn't help either)

First off Hello and Welcome to techspot :D

Your PC specs would help alot, we dont need all of them, Video Card, Processor, RAM are the main three, we may need more later.

I have some questions for you

1. Where in the game are you experiencing lag?

2. Try shutting down your AV/Firewall before playing the game.

3. Do you get any lag in any other games?

Sean

well I did get a new GeForce, the lagging stopped! but now my game seems like it's having seizures :eek:

everytime I'm just playing it starts behaving very oddly with all source engine games..

I got a GeForce FX 5200 graphics card
0.99 gig RAM
Intel(r) Core 2 processor (duo)

Well... Like I said in probably 4 other post today, the nVidia 5200 is kinda old try updating to a newer card

What Bus slot do you have? ( PCI/PCI-e/AGP x4/x8)
What is your budget?

I plugged it into PCI slot.. and that was the only one available besides a black slot (PCI something) but it was too far up for the card to stick out the back and there was no opening..

I got about $200 saved up but that's also going towards other things.. so I can't go any higher than $100 :/

(by the way, those processors are supposedly good.. right?)

Yeah those processors are good :)

Also could you take a picture of the inside of your computer so I can see what this "Black slot" is, It might be AGP or PCI-e so you could get a awesome card for cheap, I got a x1650xt on Newegg for around $120 - $20 rebate :)

Just post a picture in either the "attach file" thing on the bottom of the post ( if you Go Advance or put "Reply" instead of quick reply )

Or you could go to imageshack.us and post it there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back