Halo 5 postponed until November 2015, source claims

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Xbox One owners that were hoping for some fresh Halo action this year appear to be out of luck. According to a reputable (albeit new) poster on the NeoGaf forum, Microsoft isn’t preparing to release a true sequel in the Halo franchise until November of 2015.

It’s not all bad news, however, as there should be plenty of other Halo goodies to hold fans over until then. Within the span of a year, the source claims we will see five Halo games: Halo 2 Anniversary Edition for Xbox One on November 11, 2014, Halo 3 port for Xbox One, Halo 4 port for Xbox One and the aforementioned Halo 5.

Halo 2 Anniversary Edition is also said to ship with 1080p support and beta access to Halo 5. 60FPS support, however, is listed as “iffy” at this stage, however. It’ll arrive in two different versions: a “Collector’s Edition” and a “War Collection.”

What’s more, there will be two live action video series during the same time span.

The thread also includes several other non-Halo tidbits. In no particular order, the poster claims Forza Horizon, Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive will ship later this year, Fable Legends will arrive next summer and Crackdown 3 will arrive sometime in 2016.

All of this is in addition to rumors of a white Xbox One and a cheaper Xbox One sans a Blu-ray drive that was posted yesterday.

These rumors should be taken with a grain of salt despite the fact that NeoGaf certainly thinks the source is legit.

Permalink to story.

Halo 3 port to xbox one? please....what a waste of time....port it to PC....
Most people that would play halo 3 already have it for 360.

Halo 2 Anniversary Edition in 1080p is actually something that could get me to buy an xbox one. By November, there will have been at least one price drop and Halo 2 was my favorite multiplayer by a landslide.

Halo 2 Anniversary Edition in 1080p is actually something that could get me to buy an xbox one. By November, there will have been at least one price drop and Halo 2 was my favorite multiplayer by a landslide.

Agreed. Halo 2's multiplayer was excellent. Hopefully they change a bit of the campaign though. Halo 2 really pushed the Xbox to it's limits. Battles were much smaller than the original, or other sequels. Unlike the original Halo Anniversary, which I loved that they didn't change a thing, I hope they overhaul the whole game, but leave multiplayer as it was.

Polishing over Halo 3 might not be a bad thing. The game was actually pretty good, but it was hard to get past the old looking Halo 2 engine they used. Halo 4 however looked great on X360. I really see no need to port that over/update it at this point.

Seeing how terrible ms are to there fan base I wouldn't doubt if halo 5 is actually already finished. But hey why not just go ahead and re-release the same old games over again right? People are dumb enough to deep throat the Microshaft anyways why shouldn't they cash in on these people by releasing the same game over and over again. What I think would be even smarter for MS to do is just bring halo 3 to Xbox One. Then after that bring the definitive edition out 8 months later with an all new visor color. Then the can do the halo 3 redefinitive version yet again with a new visor color. Then in 2015 port over halo4 and rinse and repeat the last steps again. This way they don't have to give there customers something new until 2017. This does seem to be the MS way after all. Why give people 1080p 60fps what do you people think this is 2014? Some sort of charity? You know the old saying "you don't get what you pay for"

Agreed. Halo 2's multiplayer was excellent. Hopefully they change a bit of the campaign though. Halo 2 really pushed the Xbox to it's limits. Battles were much smaller than the original, or other sequels. Unlike the original Halo Anniversary, which I loved that they didn't change a thing, I hope they overhaul the whole game, but leave multiplayer as it was.
I hope they do away with this "class" system from Halo 4. The only thing I've loved from the newer Halos is the ability to assassinate people via knife to the throat. It's so fun jumping onto someone's back and they know what's going to happen so they curse at you and try to throw their controller at you. It's the little things that make me happy lol.

I'm fine with that. Disappointed I'll have to wait another year, but it will mean better quality...
And it's not competing with Destiny :p

Halo 5 better be way good or I'll have to keep playing the fourth until they come out with a good one.

I hope they do away with this "class" system from Halo 4. The only thing I've loved from the newer Halos is the ability to assassinate people via knife to the throat. It's so fun jumping onto someone's back and they know what's going to happen so they curse at you and try to throw their controller at you. It's the little things that make me happy lol.
if they add any class system or loadout system to halo to anniversary..the amount of their fanbase they will lose, and customer base they will lose... O.o
Halo 4 hasn't been out a year and a half and it has the same population halo reach had after 3 years.

"Microshaft anyways why shouldn't they cash in on these people by releasing the same game over and over again."

I'm guessing you haven't played the halo campaigns or didn't pay attention to the story.

Halo reach and halo 4 multiplayer were disasters no doubt. Halo 1, 2, and 3, however, are not the same games and are decent to excellent.

Back