Hammer coming in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Hammer coming in OCT!!

Sanders wrong on Hammer date – AMD

Author By Mike Magee, 25/03/2002 23:49:35 BST

CHIP CONTENDER AMD finally confirmed today, after being battered on these pages for ten whole days, that Clawhammer will ship in Q4 of this year – it could be as early as October.

Full story at the Inquirer

Hammer Coming

Well, I guess thats when my current system will be upgraded...YES

Wooo Hooo!!! I'm with you Boeingfixer! My computer life will get a supercharge when the hammers come out. Finally something to look forward to!!!

Originally posted by SuperCheetah
Wooo Hooo!!! I'm with you Boeingfixer! My computer life will get a supercharge when the hammers come out. Finally something to look forward to!!!

We will have to get together Super and have a Hammer Party here in ATL. YEAHHHHH

I got one, It's Hammer Time, my my my :) (like the song) ;)

Yeah I can hear it, that would make a good ad, however, even the AMD supporter I am, they lack in the ad department.

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't really understand why they don't try the AD business??? Maybe they feel their product will do all the talking.

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't really understand why they don't try the AD business??? Maybe they feel their product will do all the talking.

I talked with someone at AMD a while ago and the excuse I received was it is VERY expensive to run regular commercial ad's. My thought was, well if it sells CPU's, why not spend the money. I mean, they are sponsering Ferrari in F-1 this year and there is no way that can be cheap ?? Anyway, they need to do a commercial where they crush those annoying blue guys, now that would be funny !! ;)

More on Hammer

Hey gang,

I found this at The Inquirer. Its a german story on hammer. It has lots of pics which give us some good signs.

Here is the full article.

K-Hardware (German)

You can use a translator from google

Google translator

As you look at the pic's look at how many pins hammer has, also look at the mounting lugs for the HSF, and notice there is lots of space for a big HSF, and lastly on HSF issues, it looks like a standard HSF for hammer so they must not be too much hotter than XP if any.

Enjoy

Re: More on Hammer

As you look at the pic's look at how many pins hammer has, also look at the mounting lugs for the HSF, and notice there is lots of space for a big HSF, and lastly on HSF issues, it looks like a standard HSF for hammer so they must not be too much hotter than XP if any.

Thanks for the link! Awesome pics man... Just awesome... It looks more like a P4 socket in steroids more like anything. And like you said, the space for the HSF is REALLY scary!!!! Hope we don't need such a huge HSF like what the P4 does...

Ahhh...my future baby looks so innocent and sweet. Just wait until I get hold of her and see what she can do!!!

Amen !! I will be right there with you Super !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back