Happy Birthday: Celebrating 30 years of the Nintendo Famicom

By David Tom
Jul 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. At this point in time, the gaming industry is preparing itself for the next generation of consoles, led by Microsoft’s Xbox One and the PlayStation 4. However, if we take ourselves back exactly 30 years, gaming consoles are in their...

Read more
  2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,288   +262

I still have 2 Nintendos - one in box in my closet. I think they both work too! I'm sure they do if you blow hard enough into them and the cartridge!
    misor likes this.
  3. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,819   +884

I have every Nintendo system since the N64 (including Gameboys). I do not have a DS XL or a Wii U though.
  4. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Or spit on them!

I used to do that, and then clean the cartridges with a sheet. Either that, or use alcohol.

Ah, Duck Hunt, those were the days...
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,954   +726

I still have my Famicom along with my Mattel's Intellevision console stashed away with the cartridges in one of my cupboards. I'm sure they must still work. Yeah, I used to be a console gamer. Nowadays I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole.
  6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,477   +292

I have NES, SNES, N64, GC, and a Wii on the console side. On the handheld side I have an original Gameboy, a Black Gameboy, an Original DS (which I actually gave to my mom), and a DS Lite.

I bought a used original X-Box years ago, still have it, have put approximately 2 hours of game time on it... That is the only non Nintendo based gaming system I have (not counting desktop PCs).
  7. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,819   +884

I actually have a DS Lite, no DS. My cousin is starting to collect old systems like the SNES. Dude, that system is still the shiznick.
  8. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

After watching The Angry Nintendo Nerd (now AVGN), I realized the NES was retribution for Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
  9. Pastime. Favorite pastime.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.