Hard Disk Crashed!!!! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone plzz help..
Here is wat happnd. There were two hard disks connected to my pc and both were running fine until I connected another hard disk of my frnd's removing the previous secondary hard disk. And that's it!!! I am not able to boot from my primary hard disk at all!!

Just before booting it shows a message "Primary Master Drive Fails". I changed the IDE cables and did all permutations but to watever slot (Primary master/slave or Secondary Master/slave) i connect the hard disk. it just shows the same message and boots from any other available drive.

I have some real important data and I am in trauma of missing all of them..
Please provide some solution and tell me if you wanna kno some more details..

Thanks in advance.

Then I refer to my second question, was the original hard drive setup a RAID configuration of any sort?

If you connect only your original hard drive, will it boot then?

Try connecting only the power cable w/out the IDE and see if your disk still spins up...if it doesn't you may have fried it (try smelling it to see if you can detect a short in the electronics) while you were trying to install your new HDD. I just did this exact thing, but drove myself crazy for days trying everything to fix settings/BIOS/cables etc. before finally accepting that it was toast.

I really hope this isn't the case for you. Good luck!

hi

hey man to solve your problems try your hardisk to other pc if it works. just slave it to the other pc of your friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back