Hard Drive Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TearsInHvn

hey all.. my son got a new graphics card, and upon installing it windows started to load and froze. After this he (we) can no longer load windows. It stated NTDLR is missing. I tried putting the windows CD in the CDROM drive and doing a repair, it's telling me windows could not find a hard drive, hit F3 to esc. And we keep going through the same thing even when trying to re-install windows. This is a BRAND NEW hard drive and graphics card. I have NEVER had this many problems before. I have downloaded the software from seagate to diagnose the hard drive even, can't get that to run either. I'm getting VERY fustrated here as ive been fixing computers for a very long time and have never dealt with something like this before. Can someone please help?

It sounds like there could possibly be a hardware conflict between the 2 pieces of hardware. It might be worth trying to reinstall your old configuration or try booting without a GC (if youve got onboard).

Maybe check the connections for your GC, HDD and MoBo

I already removed the graphics card once the computer froze up. Now it's not reading the hard drive at all. I'm really confused on this one.

possibly a SATA harddrive?,
and you needed to load the drivers for the harddrive so that windows CD could find it?
Allowing you to do the repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back