Hard Drive issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo.ati

Hey all i recently put a new dvd burner and wireless network card into my computer and i plugged everything back in and suddenly my computer cannot find my 2 slave hard drives....

My Primary Hard drive is a Western Digital 250gig Sata2 16mb cache
Slaves 160gig / 250gig western digital IDE

ive tried everything i can think of im new to the whole sata with ide thing so im clueless :(

ps. it did work before.

hope someone can help :)

Check your connections & reboot. If that doesn't work then get in2 the Bios & enter heads,sectors & clynders for your hard drives. If they're not printed on the hard drives then u can get da H,S, & C from from your hard drive manufactor website. Make sure u search for the correct model of each HD. Let me know if that works.Before that above suggestion make sure that your hard drives are correctly jumpered. That should help detect your HDs.

how would i correctly jumper them ? ive done it before with IDE but not with SATa Primary and 2 ide slaves ?

There is no Master/Slave system for Sata,The jumpering system only applies to IDE HDs,Sorry I should've been more specific. Make sure that the connections for the Sata HDs are connected correctly. The CMOS supposed 2 pick'em up. Look at the CMOS 2 see if they're disabled or something.

Fixed!

i set one of my ide harddrive to slave and left the jumper off the other sata one now it works :| ill jst leave it alone haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back