Harddrive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think my harddrive is eating the free space everycouple minuut the free space become less... anyone can help me thanks

Check system for a virus or trojan? Also see what's happening in your temp folder in both C:\ and C:\Windows\temp

Download: www.ccleaner.com and let that scan your HDD for junk files. But you should also run a system check on your HDD for viruses, worms and trojan with a a good virus cleaner.

it's possible to move a hard drive from one computer to another

It;s also possible to buy an external enclosure and put the drive inside it and then connect it to another computer as a 2nd hard drive

While these can be straightforward to do, there can also be some issues if you;ve never done it before.

I think you are best to 1st see if you can boot from CD (i.e. the computer starts up reading the Operating System files and programs from a CD).

Means you need a bootable CD. Again, there are many options issues here but if this is all new to you i think best solution is go to your computer store and get Acronis True Image Home v10. Includes a bootable recovery CD and ability to read and transfer files from the old computer hard drive to another media. And when you're all done you have backup software to use regularly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back