Hardware monitor error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Just put in my chassis fan and asus proble software recognizes it. All is well, except, when i power up the pc, I get a message that says: "Hardware Monitor found an error. Enter Power setup menu for details". I'm then prompted to press f1 to continue, or delete to enter setup. When I enter Power setup menu and choose hardware monitor, it shows chassis fan rpm's in red. They fluctuate. Fan says it blows at 1800 rpm, numbers show 1790's. Not much difference.

If I disable this, I'm able to boot up my pc, and I'm able to enter windows with no problem. Obviously something isn't right.
I wonder if I installed the fan blowing outwards instead of inwards? Any help would be appreciated.

Fan specs: ultra 80mm case fan
rated voltage-12v
startup voltage-7v
fan speed-1800
airflow-23.19cfm

Mobo specs:-asus p4pe-x

Tony

seems to be working

I reversed the fan so now it's blowing where it should. I'm not getting the error anymore. I didn't think that would solve the problem cause I figure a fan's rpm's are gonna be the same regardless of which way it rotates. Anyway, all is well.

Glad you got it sorted,Thanks for posting back.
Seem odd for flow change to correct it,,,,but if it works FIX IT I mean don't fix it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back