Hardware problems? Need advice

By krisis99
Aug 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. So I built my own computer and there seems to be something wrong here..

- Windows 7 Home Premium (64)
    - Asus Crosshair III Formula x4 965 (iROG)
    - EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB
    - Soundblaster SupremeFX Xi-Fi
    - Patriot Inferno 120GB, Seagate 1TB
    - Ripjaws G Skill 4GB DRAM x2

Now the problem is that I was getting constant BSOD's but that seemed to have been solved after i nuked the system and started fresh. Since then I have gotten a couple restarts that SEEM to only be from starting to play a game. The BSODs seemed to be related to that at times before. I didn't know if i should post this in BSODs or a hardware section.

If anyone can help me out here it would be great

Any more requested info I'll try to bring to the table.

EDIT: Most of the time when the system would restart randomly or after a BSOD, i would not get a display in return, the only way I bypassed this was using the MemOK button on the motherboard, a problem in CMOS? Also I've updated all my drivers and like i said it's a fresh install of windows now.

P.S. I have only gotten a good look at one of the dumps which had to do with fltmgr.sys ? I know there has been different errors though. IRLQ_LESS_THAN_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_HEADER, and another couple i think.

EDIT: Ok so after SEVEN BSOD's at logon screen i found out the other ones. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER (i think?)
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is probably the strongest error code we have citing corrupted memory as the issue. Do you know how to run Memtest on your RAM?
  3. krisis99

krisis99 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well now I have no display and a CMOS error on my poster. So. Don't think I can even run that. But no I have no clue.

EDIT: Used a DVI to VGA adapter and hooked a VGA cable to my monitor, I can now run my linux fine, no BSODs. scared to try windows.
  4. Route44

Here is the beautiful thing about Memtest: It engages seconds after you boot up; Windows doesn't even load.
  5. krisis99

krisis99 TS Rookie Topic Starter

yeah, i used linux to google how to do this properly and now my windows and linux both run fine. I don't know what happened to my comp but its working now. thanks guys
  6. Route44

Thanks for the update. Strange though...