Hardware reserved memory

Anton1

Hi guys,
(win 10 64bit ,16 gb ram hardware reserved 8,1GB)
tried everything
anybody knows what can I do?

Attachments

• HWiNFO64 Report.pdf
    305.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
What does it say in Task Manager? Check the performance tab and then click on Memory.

Thanks for the screenshots. This problem occurs when there’s a compatibility issue with the RAM and the motherboard. The link below is Gigabyte’s list of supported memory modules for that combination of CPU and motherboard:

If you check through it, you’ll see that your Patriot modules aren’t listed. That means that either Gigabyte haven’t tested them yet or that they have issues with the motherboard.

Since you have way too much hardware reserved memory, I think this the source of your problem - the only solution is replace both DIMMs with a brand/model on the above list.

Thank you for your advise!
how ever it might not resolve my problem
I dont know it for sure (I'm working righ now so don't have acces to this PC)
But I have tryed it whith other DIMM's (Corsair it was I think)
and problem appeared in the same way :(
I'll try it again at evening
Thanks again!

Try removing one DIMM and seeing what that does to the value of the hardware reserved memory - it will be interesting to see if it just goes to 4 GB or drops down to a proper level, such as 120 MB.

1. msconfig
2. changig mem swiching banks and GPU(in case it reserved mem)
3. turn off in regedit windows superfetch
4. clear in boot ini the same as in msconfig

And one complete abstrakt:
to slack cooler mount litle bit :)
advicer resolved same problem doing so

It drops down to 50MB
I told you I tried almost everything :)
Ah, so that's the problem then - 2 DIMMs of that specific memory just isn't compatible with your motherboard. If it's not running with the latest BIOS version, it's worth updating it, to see if that helps.

But if the motherboard is fully up-to-date, then there's not much you could do, apart from contacting Gigabyte and raise the issue with them.

Bios is up-to-date
so I think I'll try to change the DIMM to other brand (listed)
if no MB goes back to vendor

Back