Hardware shopping, review/help/comments needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I'll start right on, I bet your'e not fancy to know what I ate to dinner anyways...

So:

I'm going to buy a new computer (or not quite, just almost everything inside it.)

Price bugdet: hmm, I'm not frequently using the dollar...uhm. Somewhere between 625-750$...(or: the current prices on each of the hardware on the list *pointing downwards*)

I've made a list so far:

o Asus P5N-E SLI

o MSI GeForce 8800 GTS 320 MB OC

o Corsair HX520W

o Intel Core 2 Duo E6850

o GeIL DDR2 PC6400 Ultra 2 GB

(So: 1x motherboard, 1x GPU, 1x PSU, 1x CPU and 1x (2) RAM.) The rest of the stuff needed is allready set.)

I was also wondering: Asus P5N-E SLI is a, as you can see, a SLI supporting motherboard. Then my question is: I'm only going to use one graphic card (the one you see on the list). Is this going to operate slower/less effective on this motherboard because it's SLI supporting? Should I find another motherboard who doesn't have SLI?

And as for the graphic card: Any comments? I've read quite a few posts/reviews about it, and the results seems fantastic 8)

The PSU, also read some reviews etc. all is good good. Any comments?

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850: Is this a good CPU? I've also read quite a few reviews on it, all looking good (I'm not even concidering amd, don't know excactly why, always been using Intel and don't feel like switching ether.) Feel free to comment this CPU aswell.

GeIL DDR2 PC6400 Ultra 2 GB: I haven't spent really much time on the RAM, so: is this a good ram? It's bus speed (is that right?) is 800Mhz, which isn't all to bad. And thats about it when it comes to my RAM knowlegde, so comments on this one? Any other suggestions (not to expensive though, I just want a decent RAM who won't slow my other hardware.)

Ask if it's anything you didn't understand / I have forgot to write etc. you know what I mean ;)

- Kjeksomanen.

What did you have for dinner" Sardines? Just kidding. I'm from California so I had fruits and nuts. On your graphics processor,8800 GTS 320 mb, get the EVGA. Register it after you get online and it will havs a lifetime warranty. The Intel core duo E6850 is going to be popular cpu. 3GIG and 1333FSB. Another way to go is to take advantage of the quad processors being so cheap now. They only have the 1066 FSB and the Q6600 has 2.4Gig. I am going to go that route. I think that there is a lot of future in having a quad processor. Get the fasrest ram that you can afford (that your motherboard supports).Some people believe that EVGA puts out the best motherboards using Nvidia chipsets. I have been researching for a new PC build myself and am going to use the EVGA 680i SLI Ultra. Good Luck.

pdyckman@comcas said:
What did you have for dinner" Sardines? Just kidding. I'm from California so I had fruits and nuts. On your graphics processor,8800 GTS 320 mb, get the EVGA. Register it after you get online and it will havs a lifetime warranty. The Intel core duo E6850 is going to be popular cpu. 3GIG and 1333FSB. Another way to go is to take advantage of the quad processors being so cheap now. They only have the 1066 FSB and the Q6600 has 2.4Gig. I am going to go that route. I think that there is a lot of future in having a quad processor. Get the fasrest ram that you can afford (that your motherboard supports).Some people believe that EVGA puts out the best motherboards using Nvidia chipsets. I have been researching for a new PC build myself and am going to use the EVGA 680i SLI Ultra. Good Luck.

After what I've read: Today the dual core (2) is better for gaming than the quad. Is this right?

*bump - still more questions unanswered*

(I'm sorry if this is catogarized as spam, but I kinda "need" help now because I'm planning on going on a LAN in less than two weeks, so would be great if I could do this before the LAN ;))

Hmm, I know this might annoy some people, but I'll try anyways:

*bump - still more questions unanswered*

Is my forumthread so bad/random that none want to spend a couple of minutes replying? (Yes I know someone has replyed, but still got unanswered questions, actually, the important questions remain unanswered.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back