TechSpot

Hardware utility

By ddodge
Oct 25, 2004
  1. I am new here, and probably won't post much, since I don't know nearly as much as most of you. I'll stick to reading and learning.

The question that I have... Some time back I had found a little program that would list out, in plain english, what exact hardware I have installed on my computer, including manufacturer, and all. I have lost the program, and want it back. Anyone ever seen such a program?

The reason that I was wanting it is so that I know exactally what drivers I should be looking for, when I go to update them. (obviously I didn't build the computer. Del did)

Thanks for the help...

2. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

One program which lists a lot of the hardware you have installed is Sisoft Sandra. It doesn't show everything, but will cover monitor, video card, sound card, (possibly) motheboard).

But if you've got a Dell, wouldn't it be easier to visit their site and enter the service number you've got on the back of the computer? Then you should get a list of what parts are in your computer and what the latest drivers for each part is.
    You can enter the number here...

3. ddodge

ddodge TS Rookie Topic Starter

Good advice. I hadn't thought about that. Thanks for the help.

4. guam_haole

guam_haole TS Rookie

ddodge,
    I think your looking for Everest-Home edition. The company that made the program doesn't support this free version anymore. However you can still download it from here:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.