Has anyone used Dell 2001 or 2005 20inch monitors for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are those TFTs ? The larger TFTs are still not as fast as smaller ones such as 17" TFTs. 19 TFTs are borderline for gaming if you don't intend to spend more then $400 for a low response time TFT, but 20" & above are still way to slow to play FPS games for example.

If you play RTS games or games such as WoW, it won't be as evident, you might actualy not notice a thing but for fast paced games, it won't be acceptable (especialy considering the price these go for).

I have a Dell 2005FPW and am lovin' it. I play HalfLife2 and Doom3 and haven't noticed any issues with ghosting, etc. It's great that HL2 and Doom3 both support the widescreen aspect ratio. DVD's play fine - just went through the StarWars Trilogy and episodes I & II and enjoyed clairty I don't get from my TV (don't have HD yet). There's a bit of a backlighting issue, but at the prices that Dell occasionally has (lately around $400) it's a bargain.

Yes to both - one of my best friends owns both of those - and they're both great monitors... even for gaming. I will say that the 2005 does look better though - except on games that don't support widescreen. That's every EA game I've ever come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back