dbonniwell

I have
Win Xp home
Windows media Player 11
790i motherboard
nvidia 9800GTX
Sharp Aquos 26 inch HDMI cable
All drivers up to date

I see XP and Media Player 11 just fine, but not the DVD movie that is playing. I have Audio but it is a Blank/Black screen. The progress bar moves accross the screen.
I just got finished loading some DVD decoding software so i can watch movies on the computer
can you help?

Thanks guys for your help
I downloaded the K-Lite and VLC and installed and had no success.
I got no error messages, just the blank screen with audio when i played a DVD. Both VLC and Media Player had a blank screen with audio.
Are there any other suggestions?

Woolgathering here:

- you have the vid card output set for HD ?

- you have a resolution set that the monitor accepts?

May i ask how to set for HD on a 9800GTX Vid-card?
Everything else from the computer will dispay on the monitor, just when I try to watch a DVD, there is a blank screen inside the media Player 11 Play display area

There is a setting (actually a couple you may want to look at) in Nvidia Control Panel to 'change the signal or HD format'.

I am in the Nvidia control panel and looked high and low. I just cannot find what you are advocating.
May I have a little more to go on?
Thanks

New developements

I tried using my view sonic monitor and I got a picture, but the the picture does not come over the Aquos 26in monitor. no picture in Media Player or VCL.
I see the codacs and the DVD decoder software seems to be oK
I looked into the manual and set the resolution to 1024x768 at 60Hz and still nothing.
Something tells me i am now at the wrong forum, I should seek a Sharp Aquos forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back