Have email access...but can't pull internet up on browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else run into this issue?

We have 4 seperate computers running on a wireless network here at work. Recently we started having an issue where we can access the internet through email, but we can't pull the internet up via a web browser (IE). We end up having to click on the "repair" connection button for windows wireless over and over and over until it actully allows us to access the internet via the browser.

Have you experienced this? What is it all about?

Hello, Mudshack, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, try restarting the router by unplugging it, waiting about 10 seconds then plugging it in again. Make sure that the settings are saved on it though otherwise you'll have to put them all in again.

P.s. this should be in Storage & Networking forum really but i expect a mod will move it for you :)

Thanks, I couldn't figure out which forum to put it in. So I put it where the most people were hoping someone like yourself would point me in the right direction. Thank you.

btw, my profile is filled out.

Also, I shouldn't have to unplug and plug in the router ever day, right?

i put the profile link in for everyone so that they can put a location in becaues it can be very helpful knowing where you are

you shouldn't have to do it every day, unless you have a router as bad as mine ;) try doing it once and see if it helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back