Have I voided my dell warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptitterington

After years of building PCs for friends and family I purchased a Dell Vostro 410 for work as it was a good deal.

Anyway as things happen, the jack pin from the speaker system broke off leaving the end in the pc.

Try as I might I could not pull it out and ended up drilling out really carefully. Unfortunately now cannot use the onboard sound and have installed a pci sound card.

From what I can see, there is no evidence of my abuse and I have paid for 4yr warranty, should I come clean and get a new mobo or just keep quiet?

Ta

well if u are going to try warranty, do not tell them what u did, and I may get banned for saying that. if the pci card is working just keep quiet and use it.

'ended up drilling out really carefully'

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Pay the price!

:)

Well I could not figure out another way to get it out as it is held quite firmly in place and there is nothing to grip. I was quite impressed with my careful drilling, whould have been quite funny for the bloke from the computer shop to have seen me.

Still its working fine with the sound card so guell I will just leave it be.

(Would like to know if there is a correct way to remove the end of a stereo jack):)

(Would like to know if there is a correct way to remove the end of a stereo jack):)

I'd say you may have needed to remove the Motherboard
But you are under warranty!

Please have the Motherboard replaced
Remember you are not the technician, how do you know how these things fault, under normal usage ;)

Just update the thread in 3 days time, when you have the computer serviced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back