having issues with my sound blaster live 5.1 digital help!

By RUDEBWOY
Jun 5, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a sound blaster live 5.1 digital everytime i use it my pc would lock up after a few hours etc this only happens when i put the sound card in...i also tried disableing my onboard sound and still have this problem...

i am running

windows xp sp2 pro

2 gig ram ddr

psu-450 wats

intel pentium 4 3.2 ghz hyprer threading...

my mobo is pt800-ce

or it would just lock up my entire pc when a lot of stuff is going on but my pc runs great no lag every nothing only when i put this sound card in i start to have problems any ideas or fixes?
  2. RUDEBWOY

RUDEBWOY Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 394

Any Help!?
  3. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Remove the Soundblaster card and try only the onboard audio. See what happens.

Good luck! :wave:
  4. RUDEBWOY

yea it works but as i said its only happening when i put the other sound card in do you think something is wrong with it or maybe a fix for it?
  5. wolfram

Download the latest drivers for the soundblaster. They can solve many problems.
  6. RUDEBWOY

think you can help me find the link to them thanks...cause when i install it i usally use the ones from the cd.
  7. wolfram

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.