Having problems installing ram =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I just bought a kingmicro 512mb DDR 3200 module DIMM 184 pin from bestbuy.I have a eMachines T3304. I just opened up my computer and cliped the memory stick in and closed it up and booted up my cpu. Nothing has changed. I still have 256mb installed. I know this memory is compatible with my PC and everything am i supose to reformat my pc or something? My cpu is not dual channel and i do NOT have to install matching pairs(As said by crucial.com).I tried taking the 256mb out and just stuck the 512mb by itself but when i booted it up i kept getting a bunch of beeping sounds.I have 2 memory slots both can hold up to 1gb each. i don't know about that color thing everyone was talking about for 4 slots.
# Maximum Memory Capacity: 2048MB
# Currently Installed Memory: 256MB
# Available Memory Slots: 1
# Number of Banks: 2
# Dual Channel Support: No
# CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
# CPU Family: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3300+ Model 12, Stepping 2

heres a memory stick from crucial.com scan they recommended 1GB kit (512MBx2), 184-pin DIMM, DDR PC3200 memory module that sounds exactly like the one i just bought so wtf.

I've also tried switching the memory sticks around but no luck. If anyone could help me out thanks a lot.

Most likely, that memory module is bad. Take it back to Best Buy for a replacement. The memory parameters you reported are correct. Good memory should work. The signs and symptoms you report are of a bad memory module... it happens as much as 15% of the time at Best Buy... since a previous customer may have tried it and ruined it.

Please be aware that The T-3304 has a highly unreliable motherboard, so the problem could be thre, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back