Having problems raiding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i managed to setup an array. In my bios instead haveing 3 hd it has only 2 it has one stripe and the other one i have as backup.i guess i set it up correctly. I installed all third party drivers and when windows finish setting about to go to the reboot it gave me a blue screen. what should i do next. if anybody can hel p need info. thank you

If the RAID controller is on your motherboard, go into your BIOS and disable it, which might get rid of the blue screen.

If you installed any driver for the RAID controller, uninstall it. Switch the controller back on in the BIOS and try installing new up to date drivers.

You should not try to RAID your OS disk at this time.

thanks i got pass the blue screen by updating my bios and now currently i'm formatting the drive. when do i know if i set up a raid 0 succefully. when asked to chose hd to format for the os. it only showed two hd this time also i have a 250 gb hd. so i'm assuming it has been raided. One more question raid 0 is stripping correct. thanks

Alright i have installed os on the two hard drive but instead of 74 gb is has 134gb so i'm assuming its raid 1. my array says stripe in mediashield utility. dont understand should i have set it mirror.That sounds like raid 1 though i'm confused pls help. trying to setup raid 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back