Having trouble with Radeon 9800.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasgmc

Twice when Ive turned on the computer there was checker boarding and lines on the screen and the desk top would have missing blocks. The first time I had the remove the drivers and the card in device manager to get it to clear up. The second time I just turned off the computer for a few minutes. I got something like this when I soft modded a Radeon 9500 but this card is stock also running at stock speeds.

Are you having heat issues? Maybe you need better cooling or the ambient air may be too hot. Try if the card still gives your problems with the side of the case off.

Also I would try to reconnect the power connections on the card. Even reconnect the ATX power connector on your motherboard. I got artifacting with my 9800Pro before I reconnected my ATX power connector again.

Speaking of power, what power supply do you have? If it is a cheapo no-name brand than you may have issues. The PSU might not be giving you enough juice.

Everything is running cool. I have a side panel fan that blows right on the card. Ive got an Enermax 365w PS. I'll try the power connector. I requested an RMA from Powercolor just in case.

well

then u cooked it.....u may, not recover. maybe, back down on your cpu and memory as well......it just may need to back down to defaults.

I dont think 22mhz would do that much harm. I have heat sinks on the RAM and I used Riva Tuner to test it. And it runs 3DMark03 with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back