TechSpot

HD with a RAW filesystem

By Btiex
Mar 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi !! Some body can help me!!

I have a computer with window xp professional with a hard drive of 80GB and a second drive with 40GB. I was installing windows xp again but the installation failded because the external cd drive had a problem while running the installation process from the CD. then i started to install windows xp from the beginning and it got successful installed. But my second drive with my data was unreadable. when i click on the second HD its shows me a message *the Disk in drive D is not formatted, Do you want to formatted* i click on NO. i was checking the file system and its says *RAW*.

How can i get my data back. i'm desperate i need my data back.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,075   +169

If you want to pay a lot of money to a data recovery service, they can probably retrieve your data. You installed XP on the C drive, and the second hard drive was D, so the CD/DVD drive is E? Was the C drive and the D drive formatted both in NTFS or FAT32?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.