HDD slows and freezes winxp bootup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

te00

Hi every1.My problem is this.

I recently format my pc.After booting again and happy to have a fresh winxp i faced a little problem.Bootup took more than 1 minute to execute xp.The screen with winxp loading took almost 20sec.Before this black screen.When i plugged out my ide drive(have 2 sata 1 ata) boot up was ok,about 20sec.I plug in the 3rd disk and slow again.Tried compination 1 sata 1 ata slow again.So i guess its a problem with the ata disk.Though all files are ok,and bios recognize all of my hdd without problems.

Any1 could help.Plz.Thank you.

Instead of setting the IDE drives as "auto" in BIOS, set them manually ("none" for nonexistent devices) so no time is wasted for autodetection.

I ve done that.nothing.

Ah and forgot to say that now,its not slow,it freezes when shows the wixp loading.

Since you just installed Windows maybe you should run the repair part of the disc. I'm not discounting the SATA and ATA drive problem possibility....but the problem could lie in some files that are not right. Try the repair approach to eliminate any installation problems. Good Luck. Worst case is toss the older drive, use it in another project.

after this fresh install did you load all the motherboard chipset drivers
and any other I/O drivers

Did exactly what was doing after every format.All drivers etc.
It's the 1st time i face this.

If it delayed when "Auto" and freezes now when you set the drive manually, then it means that you set it wrong. For example, you defined the primary master while your drive is primary slave or sth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back