Hello ppl, problem with my new Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElStevenio

Hiya! I tried to post this in another thread but up to now haven't been able to?
I have just bought a Sapphire Radeon 9550 ATI 256mb for my other P.c and it has trashed it. I think i will have to update the bios now, and i have all the latest files. I installed it and put in all the drivers, only to find it running very slowly. Then as i uninstalled to reinstall, was met with it not booting up properly. It posts up to the point where the Windows XP logo should appear, then just gives me a blank screen? After trying the reinstall, i got an error message on boot up saying missing file "bscript.ini" I have all the 4 in 1 updates for this card, but was unable to install them because of this problem. I need some good advice on this because it has baffled me?

My other P.c's specs;
Windows Media Centre 2004
AMD Athlon XP 1800+ Processor
ChainTech 7-SIDO Mobo 2x/ 4x compatible
Pc2100 DDR Memory (768mb)
300w PSU

I did try a full reinstall, but can't as it won't read the files on the disc? Can anyone please help me here?

Before installing the new drivers, completly remove the current drivers with Driver cleaner, or follow the driver guide in video and audio section on how to manually remove all current ATi drivers. Your probem is probally both drivers conflicting with each other because they arent fully uninstalled.

ATi just has very poor drivers, which means more headaches for you.

Thanks

Yeah, i will try that thanks. But in the meantime, i have to try to format the Hard Disk via this P.c and do a full reinstall. It won't let me do it on the P.c in question!

Just wandering if i could get away with plugging the Hard Drive into this Pc as a slave, then to copy and paste that missing file "bscript.ini" straight onto it from here??? I think that would save all the messing about if it worked.

Well guys, i think my Old Pc might just be more damaged than first thought. I put the latest Bios and Flash Utility on a Dos bootable Floppy and followed all the right steps. It either booted up into command prompt but claimed what i was typing in was a Bad command? Or it would boot up straight into the Ulility But i couldn't type in the file name. Message at the bottom "Message, file name not found" Is this chip beyond repair? Will i have to buy a new one with the latest bios already on it?

Who would have thought that a Graphics card could do so much damage to a Pc because of dodgy drivers :blackeye:

Hello again, i got my Bios sorted after a few goes with the update lol. The only instructions you get with this card are on the installation disc, but only bang on about the features. There is nothing at all said about the Jumper that is located at the top left of the card. Does this jumper have any other purpose besides Over Clocking? I have a lot of fiddling about to do because everything is still running quite slow, so some settings wrong somewhere.

Have u tried replacing the PSU? It might have been overloaded if it's a cheap no-name garbage one (which most are). Tell me the PSU's wattage and the amperage on the +12V rail, as well as the brand name (if any) by looking at the sticker on it.

Yeah, i will do that! But i was going to get a better one eventually anyway, so might as well get it sooner. In this P.c The PSU is an Atrix Extreme 650w with Gun metal finish. It is a very stable PSU, best i have ever had :) I don't think i need one that big for the other Pc, but i think it should be at least 400w.

Atrix do not have a very good reputation as far as PSUs are concerned. That PSU is probably working fine coz u haven't overloaded it yet. It's wattage will more likely be around 500W or lesser, not the 650W as actually listed. A better one would be one from Antec, Fortron FSP, Cooler Master, Vantec, OCZ, Enermax or Ultra<-(X2 and V-Series only).

Okay, i tried my PSU from this Pc in my old one and guess what? No change. So it is definitely a configuration problem, and has only occured since fitting the Sapphire Radeon 9550 :knock: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back