Hello want to built new pc but need help

By jluis2xp
Dec 31, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello want to built new pc but need help
    i want to build a new pc using the new allende 2.2ghz pentium dual core processor and the asus P5E-VM HDMI motherboard but i don't know if the board supports the F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ (1GB x 2) dual channel kid from g-skill. The board does say non ecc and unbuffered so i guess it can work but there is no g-skill modules in the qualified vendo list provided by the website

if these modules are not supported, does any body have any suggestions on which 2 gig module to use (below $75)

P.S. if i use the same processor but the c2d version which has 1mb more of l2 cache will i see a notable increese in preformance

all 3 products can be found in newegg
  2. jluis2xp

jluis2xp Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

3. ShipMaster

ShipMaster Newcomer, in training Posts: 95

Qualified vendor only means that they recommend certain manufactures. The G.Skill should work just fine.

EDIT: You would probably experience a large difference in multi-tasking.
  4. jluis2xp

jluis2xp Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thx

by the way will the extra megabyte of L2 cache do any go while playing games
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.