HELP!!! BF2 plays for 10 mins then auto off to Windows...Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just bought a new pc, and now can't play BF2 for more than around 8-10 mins.. The game auto-off itself n go back to windows. All other games are working, giving no problems. Also, i have this problem with watching video(red & blue specks appear occasionally). Can anybody pls help me.... PLS pls please....
System :
1GB RAM
80 GB Memory
ATI 9800 Graphics
P 4, 3.0 GHz

check your video settings in the game. see that your not maxed out on everything. try all settings on medium and see how it goes.

the settings are already at medium....... Btw,without the new patches everything was fine until i updated the version. Is there something wrong with the new version????

check the AA setting. Turn it off if its on. I have not seen that the patch causes this problem in particular.

Einzheng said:
the settings are already at medium....... Btw,without the new patches everything was fine until i updated the version. Is there something wrong with the new version????

Probably, this game has more bugs in it then the Amazon Rain Forest.
With that being said have you updated your mobo chipset drivers (Northbridge) and the video card drivers? Red and blue spickles would indicate either an overheating issue on the video card or not enough power. What kind of PSU do you have? What's the wattage? Just in case, reseat the card and make sure it's in the slot as far down as it will go this time.

can the problem be, overheating?????? coz i juz bought the computer and didn't realised till i opened it tat there's no cooling fan inside..

Btw, my power is 550 volts.....& one more thing, when i play warcraft, it brings me back to window and a box appear, saying;.....[(playing time-10 mins to 1 hrs) all games lag out until i feel so sad.]

The application has encountered a critical error:
FATAL ERROR!
Program c:/ Program files/warcraft3 war.exe.excetion:0xc0000005
(Acess-VIOLATION)at 001b:6f17c910

Yes it very well maybe an overheating problem (I mentioned that in my 1st post). Have you tried running it with the side off and a big fan blowing on it?

Your PSU should be ok if it's 550Watts (I think you meant watts, not volts) even if it's a low quality unit that came with the case. So my guess is overheating of the video card and CPU.

Did you check for updated drivers for your mobo chipset? You can dwnload a program called CPU-Z (freeware) which can tell you all the details of your mobo and chipset and more.

Cheers.

Many THANKS to all of u out there, who have been helping me... :angel: Ithink i have solved e problem.... I put a fan blowing towards my CPU, n miraculously, everything's well... I'm going to Sim Lim 2molo to fix a cooler fan.. :p

Once again, thank u all so much.. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back