TechSpot

Help, black screen when PC is plugged into TV

By iHasProblemz
Nov 5, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Ok, so I have a 32 inch Panasonic TV, it has a port on the back for a PC, I had my computer plugged into my TV and it all worked fine for about a month, then the other day I was changing the resolution or something and it just went to a black screen, so I plugged it back into my monitor and it worked fine, I changed the resolution back, then plugged it back into my TV and still a black screen.. It works fine when starting it up, it has the Vista loading screen, but then when it gets to the desktop it's just black... Safe mode works.. Any solutions?
    Thanks in advance

2. EDO219

EDO219 TS Rookie Posts: 298

Do you still have it set to extend your desktop onto the secondary display?

3. iHasProblemz

iHasProblemz TS Rookie Topic Starter

I don't have it plugged into my monitor and TV at the same time..

4. EDO219

Ah, I was assuming that it is a laptop which seems not to be the case.

5. iHasProblemz

iHasProblemz TS Rookie Topic Starter

Nah, it's not a laptop =P

6. EDO219

hm ... Now I am stumped too. lol

In the past it helped me to set the resolution to the absolute minimum possible setting. It may be working in Safe Mode because it limits the maximum resolution by quite a bit. Do you have another user account you could log onto to test it?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.