Help - Computer Keeps Rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently fitted in a new power supply and it worked fine for a week. But now everytime I turn my computer on it reboots after about 2 minutes with no warning signs. Its like every button on the front of my computer is being swtiched on, the disc tray opens and closes, the floppy disk drive opens and shuts and the computer reboots. Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Hi Ayden,

First, with the PC turned off, I would disconnect all peripherals except keyboard, mouse and monitor, open the case and carefully disconnect power and data connectors to the floppy and all optical (CD/DVD) drives.

Start the PC to test it and report back.

Cheers,

Taff.

Hi taff, tried what you said mate, just getting a no signal message on the moniter now. the computer powers up but dosent load up.
I must confess im a bit of a novice as what goes on under the bonnet so wont blame you for giving up on my problem.
cheers

Thanks for the tip "rev" looks to be some usful info on there.

Can i ask some more,

Is your graphics on board or through a card?

If its a card it could be faulty. If its a card it will be towards the botton of the PC case and if you look indide it will be off a card from the mobo.

However the way to tell if its not the card would be, is the PC staying on and the fans spinning when you turn it on or does it just turn on for a few seconds and then turn off?

If the fans spin and go off very shortly after when you turn on then its as bogdan said above.

hi rav,its an on board graphics card and the fans spin when the power is on.?
we did install a new power supply last week!
cheers

Not exactly, but close enough to try.

A short time a go I kept rebooting until a very sharp freelance repair type elicited that it was the monitor - not the PC - trying to swallow its tail. The real culprit was a faulty power strip which kept varying its output. Power strip replaced problem solved!

This is my steam run with Techspot and would like to see if someone there has an answer to my difficulty. Basically this: While cleaning my C-Drive I must have partially deleted PaperPort so that no matter what I submit my system calls for PaperPort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back