TechSpot

Help Dr. Watson Debugger freezes my computer!!!

By Riz
Oct 15, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i cant access any of my document and "My Computer" when i try to the Dr. Watson Debugger Postmortem comes up saying that it was unable to run. Then my computer completely freezes. How do i fiz this problem?

2. archie7

archie7 TS Rookie

possible fix

Riz,

I was having the same issues.

I was able to fix it by removing the windows xp service pack 2. I wasn't able to go through the control panel, but was able to access the list of programs by going to start/run/appwiz.cpl, which brought up the add/remove programs window. The service pack should be towards the bottom of the list.

While I was uninstalling the service pack I found this thread which could have an easier solution. I didn't try it as my problem was already solved, but I'd try this first before attempting the uninstall. The solution is towards the bottom of the thread.

http://groups.google.com/group/micr...c4e99383bdc8c5d?sa=X&oi=groupsr&start=0&num=3

3. Riz

Riz TS Rookie Topic Starter

will still have my original files and documents if i remove the windows xp service pack 2?

4. archie7

archie7 TS Rookie

I had no problems with my files.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.