Help! DVD/CD-RW Drive not reading CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostfuze

Right when i'm about to sell my emachines, the DVd/CD-RW drive is not reading CD disks. :suspiciou I've never had a problem since I have had this computer, and im not sure what to do.

Earlier I shut my computer off manually by pushing the button, and since then my drive has not been reading CD's.

I put in "The Day After Tomorrow" DVD and it reads it fine, but every CD I try doesnt work. I got ONE CD to work, but after I stopped it... it didnt work again.

Has anyone had this problem? or does anyone know what I can do to fix this? :knock:

This is really, REALY bad.

i think you're drive is screwed up.you'll have to get ti repaired,this doesnt sound like any diy issue.however you might want to remove and then reinstall the drivers for your drives.also check your data cable etc at the back.but this sounds like it'll need repair since it can play dvd's and not cd's.my advice if its not under any warranty,then use it as long as you can to play dvd's consider getting a different cheaper drive for cds or change it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back