Help me build a smart office

Hello everyone :)

I'm currently in the process of transforming an old (and pretty beat up) shed into an office, and I'm in a unique opportunity to make it as advanced / smart as I can. The only problem is - I'm worried I might miss some cool tech that needs to be built during construction.

I'd love to hear everyone's ideas and thoughts. If you had a chance to build a new office space, what tech would you bake into it?

Cheers!!

Since my office has been a ongoing experiment ....I would say the parts that give me the most joy is ambient RGB lighting. I use a remote control to change the color and I usually choose a Blue/Purple tint. It's so much better than standard white office light (I work into the night).

This works well with Razer's Blackwidow keyboards ( They light up green). They also make RGB keyboards, I just didn't think it was necessary to have multi color. I also really dig Ergotron arms. I have several for my monitors and my laptop.

I recently purchased an Autonomous work table that lets me lift projects up to a standing height. This was an expensive and mostly frivolous venture. I have been supper happy with a HUGE mouse mat from Gamers Nexus. I also made an investment in a super nice audio card from EVGA called Nu Audio and paired that with a Corsair 2.1 basspass sound system. It is so accurate when I listen to music from Spotify or watch Tiny Desk/KEXP live performances on YouTube.

I also never regretted getting the Herman MIller Aeron chair, fully loaded in polished aluminum. The same place I got the chairs also sold me Artemide Tolomeo desk lamps. Another great buy for my office. =)

Oh and I have made some attempts at a paperless office. Some of the invoices I am saving in PDF format to a different computer on my network that I don't use day-to-day (Let's call it a file server) and it runs Carbonite so that digital files I care about are backed to the cloud.

Back