TechSpot

Help me:related to sims 2

By bubblebee
Dec 1, 2007
  1. hi..
    i've downloaded sims 2 just fine.in other word.i think i've completely finished downldd it.but when i try to play sims 2.an error occur.it says about cannot locate CD-ROM.what does that mean n what can i do so that i can enjoy playim dis game.:(

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

That is piracy and is against TS rules to discuss.

3. bubblebee

bubblebee TS Rookie Topic Starter

re:

but i dont know anything or any1 else to help me.how may i say it so that it can be discuss??

4. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

It's blatant piracy and is against the law. If you want to be able to play that game then you will have to go out and buy it legally then you wont have the problem you described at all.

5. bubblebee

buy?i actually already bougt it.n it cost me about rm20 for d game.opps!i use the wrong word in my 1st post.i supposed i should use i've already installed it instead of downloaded it huh?im so sory 4 d complication.now what should i do?i already bought it legally as u mentioned.still i cant play it.help me

6. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,019

Well, since you bought it legally, all you have to do is when it asks you to put in the CDROM, you put the CDROM in (from your store-bought copy) and away you go. :D

7. bubblebee

do u mean i should put in disc 1?coz i've put it, still it says cannot locate the CDROM.

8. herringtonjc

herringtonjc TS Rookie Posts: 51

Perhaps it is something wrong with your drive and not the CD itself? Also, maybe the CD is scratched, maybe the drivers for your CD drive are out-of-date, maybe the laser that reads the disc has been messed with (the little lense you see in DVD players). Does this occur periodically with any other CDs?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.