Help Me - Taskbar, IE, Copy & Paste, and others won't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_iDunno

okay let me explain what happened...
Word kept on giving an error everytime i tried to launch it:
"Winword.exe - Entry Point Could Not Be Found"
and it said something about OleCreateLink and Ole32.dll couldnt be found

so i googled it and found an exact copy and downloaded it in the windows folder but i still gave me the same problem so i then copied the file and pasted it in the system32 folder but it denied because there was already a copy there. so i cut the one that was there and place it who knows where and replaced it with the one i downloaded. that failed too...so i did a system restore to the day before. however, when it booted up...the computer froze on the desktop for like 15 mins...there were no icons or taskbar or anything at that time...so i had to hold the power button and restart it again. this time, when it booted my taskbar is literally undisplayable...i tried moving it, resizing, dragging....nothing...i can only see the double-end arrow and i can right click on it...thats it...furthermore, i can't copy and paste text at all....and my IE is not working either...my firewall doesn't want to enable and the security center said my anti-virus is not detected...so i restarted the computer again but this time in safe-mode and it froze again and rebooted itself to a normal boot...Word works now but it says something that the document could not be registered nor any link could be made outside of it...i have no idea what's going on....please help me get my computer back how it was....please...

i also included a HJT report

I can`t see anything really nasty in your HJT log.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall the AOL toolbar.

Maybe try a system restore. If that doesn`t help. Try a Windows repair, as per this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso said:
I can`t see anything really nasty in your HJT log.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall the AOL toolbar.

Maybe try a system restore. If that doesn`t help. Try a Windows repair, as per this thread HERE.

i can't do a system restore....it just crashes everytime i try to open it.
it was a mission to find since i cant use my taskbar...
i checked out that thread however...i perform a disk check and a memory test...
the disk check came out fine but the memory test said i had like more 175 errors. i ran it overnight until it's run time was like 11 hours...thats when i said the hell with this and exited. so now i know i have memomy problems...1st off....is this the cause of my main problem and what do i do next?

If Memtest gives you errors, then your ram is bad.

Whether this is the cause of your current problems, I don`t know.

Change the bad stick of ram and see how your system runs.

If there`s no change, try the Windows repair I suggested earlier.

howard_hopkinso said:
If Memtest gives you errors, then your ram is bad.

Whether this is the cause of your current problems, I don`t know.

Change the bad stick of ram and see how your system runs.

If there`s no change, try the Windows repair I suggested earlier.

you mean buy a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back