Help monitor has mind of its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazareth

Ok when I am idle on the computer my monitor will randomly go blank black screen and the monitor power light is blinking. The rest of the computer seems to be running as it was. Nothing can pull it out of this state i have reboot to get it to work again..all the power settings and hybernate settings have been turned off, the monitor has been tested on another system and is working properly. :confused:

basic sys specs:
AMD 2.3Ghz
300wpowersupply
Geforce 128mb Ti100
WD 180gig HD
256mb pc2700 ddr ram

if it works with no problems on another system then it is not the monitor. first possible cuplprits would be the power supply or the video card going bad.

being as it may, i don't have another desktop to troubleshoot that to if it is the powersupply, how ever i do have a credit card so i will grade my much needed graphics card to a radeon x700 and see what brings, if that doesn't seem to work, guess ill invest in a new 600w power supply

if you want to upgrade to a more powerful graphincs card you are definitely going to need a more powerful PSU. most new cards state a requirement for 350 watt PSU or above. and personally I wouldnt buy a PSU less than 430 watt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back